By: Mister Domestic
In June 2017, the city of Philadelphia adopted a revised version of the flag that adds black and brown stripes to the top of the standard six color flag, to acknowledge people of color within the LGBTQIA+ community. Watch Art Gallery Fabrics designer Mathew Boudreaux aka @misterdomestic, teach us how to weave the Philadelphia Pride Flag so that you can DIY with Pride!
The supplies/pattern needed for the project are available on both fabric.com and Amazon, where you can purchase your project supplies or buy the project kit here.
Each kit includes:
- 1 box of 100 Clover Quilting Pins
- 1 box of Steam-a-Seam 2 Double Stick Fusible Tape
- 1 Wefty Needle
- 1 That Purple Thang Tool
- Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Solids for the flag stripes
- 1 rectangle of interfacing
- 1 rectangle of Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Solid Steel for the flag backing
- A pattern from Mister Domestic
Or, you can make it your own! Shop our full selection of pride fabrics here.