Created by: Sarah Thomas of SARIDITTY
Skill Level: Experienced Beginner
Finished block size: 12" square
Happy fall, y’all! October is by far my most favorite month of the year with crisp and cool air, leggings and sweaters and tall socks, cinnamon everything, and all the leaves changing colors!
I opted to create a true translation of autumn with my block, Forest Floor. It captures the essence of the ground cover going dormant while fallen leaves are scattered all about. And even though it’s not necessarily my “go to” type of pattern that I often gravitate toward, I pretty much love it to pieces!
- Cotton + Steel From Porto With Love Metallic Sardinha in Neutral
- Tula Pink True Colors Making Waves in Olive
- Kaffe Fassett Collective Shot Cotton Tangerine
- Kaffe Fassett Collective Shot Cotton Eucalyptus
- Kaffe Fassett Collective Shot Cotton Sunshine
- Kaffe Fassett Collective Shot Cotton Jade
- Kaffe Fassett Collective Shot Cotton Bordeaux
- Kaffe Fassett Collective Shot Cotton Clementine
Click HERE to download the Forest Floor quilt block pattern and the full instructions.
*Note: This pattern is for an experienced beginner.
Make multiple blocks and turn the background 90 degrees for a fun and random overall layout. Add and subtract leaves wherever you wish for a more random “forest floor” appearance (I opted for Aurifil 80wt thread to needle turn the leaves onto the block). Create a table runner or Euro shams. Have fun finishing the leaves with hand sewn or domestic machine sewn decorative stitching. The possibilities are endless!
Click here to view all of our exclusive quilt blocks from the fabric.com Fall Block Party and download your favorites. Don't forget to share your creations with us on social media using #fabricdotcomblockparty.