Ready to get organized in style?
These DIY fabric baskets are a quick and easy way to tidy up those tricky rooms in the house where there always seems to be disarray. We targeted a few problem rooms for this project: The laundry room, sewing room and the playroom/kids room.
Let's get started!
We chose a variety of fabrics from Premier Prints for this project. They have really fun designs at a great price point for a project like this where you'll want to create multiples!
- 1 yard Premier Prints fabric
- 1 yard Pellon fusible fleece
- 1 yard of interior fabric (we used Premier Prints 10 oz. Cotton Duck White)
- General sewing supplies
For our laundry/sewing room baskets, we went with an indigo and white color palette. Shibori fabrics are one of our favorite trends in home decor right now:
- Premier Prints Fearless Slub Canvas Regal Navy
- Premier Prints Mercado Italian Denim
- Premier Prints Tribal Vintage Indigo
For the kid's room baskets (to store all those pesky toys) we went with fabrics that were a little more whimsy and fun, but still neutral:
- Premier Prints Desert Valley Frost Green
- Premier Prints Mountain High Awendela
- Premier Prints Arrow Cool Grey
How fun is that mountain print?
- 2 exterior pieces: 18" x 18.5"
- 2 interior pieces: 18" x 18.5"
- 2 fusible interfacing pieces: 18" x 18.5"
- 2 straps: 4" x 8"
This tutorial is one of our favorites, and once you get the hang of it you can create lots of fabric baskets in a snap! To view the full tutorial by Laura from Trash to Couture with step-by-step instructions, click here.